Code of Conduct Policy
Art Spark Texas is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and welcoming virtual environment for all attendees and participants. While we don’t anticipate issues at our events, we recognize that microaggressions and unintentional acts can make a space unwelcoming for those in marginalized communities. We created a Code of Conduct to provide a clear set of guidelines about the standards to which we hold you and ourselves.
We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on age, ancestry, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, physical appearance or movement, politics, ideology, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Be Kind and Respectful
Most importantly, we ask that everyone behave with kindness and respect. Harassment and sexist, racist, ableist, or exclusionary jokes or comments are never tolerated at Art Spark Texas or any of our events.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to the protected classes above
- Comments or actions that minimize a person’s lived experiences, identity, or safety
- Deliberate or persistent misgendering or use of rejected names
- Deliberate “outing” of any person’s lived experiences or identity without their consent
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person, including intimidation and stalking
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Enforcement and Reporting
Individuals asked to stop any behavior that violates our Code of Conduct are expected to comply immediately and respectfully. Attendees may be sanctioned or removed at the discretion of the Art Spark Texas staff.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please email us at [email protected], or speak to a staff member at the event. Art Spark Texas will work to assess the situation and respond as soon as possible.