Art Spark Texas presents the 11th Annual Holiday Art & Gift Show
December 3-23, 2019
3707 Home Lane, Austin TX 78705 – Rm 101
(in the AGE of Central Texas Building)
Parking lot available off of Home Lane and 35th Street
Please join us 5-8pm on Tuesday, December 3rd on International Day of Persons with Disabilities and #GivingTuesday 2019, for the show’s Opening Reception.
The Opening Reception offers an opportunity for the community to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities, make a GivingTuesday donation and experience Heidi Latsky’s ON DISPLAY Austin sculpture court performance with dancers from our diverse integrated Austin dance community. RSVP Today
Featured artists include Carol Gonzales, Drew Bedo, and Beck Seitsinger. Enjoy holiday libations and refreshments while you shop for unique artwork and gifts from Texas artists. There will be a wide variety of art available including cards, jewelry, prints, original fine art, hand-crafted clothing, books, clay, glass and more! 70% of each sale goes directly to the artist.
It’s a busy holiday season – why not get three wonderful activities done in one night:
- Donate to Art Sparks Texas for #GivingTuesday and International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
- Shop for Good at our Opening reception on #GivingTuesday and support local artists. By purchasing locally, you support our artists AND Art Spark Texas programs.
- Celebrate with us and our community of artists, performers, educators and volunteers. It’s been an amazing year at Art Spark Texas!
If you can’t make it on December 3rd, there are plenty of other opportunities to shop!
Art Spark Holiday Art & Gift Show hours:
- Tuesday-Friday: 10am-6pm
- Thursdays: 10am-8pm
- Saturdays: 12-4pm
Meet the Artists Receptions are every Saturday: 2-4pm
- Meet the Artists 12/7 – Brandon Lack, Karen Thomas, Elana Rose Conner
- Meet the Artists 12/14 – Terry McDowell, Jourdan Huerta, Valerie Siref, Elizabeth Heringlake
- Meet the Artists 12/21 – Erin Rosales, Ariana Rangel, Nancy Wood
Last minute Monday! December 23rd, 10-6pm
Visit one of our Pre-Show Pop-Ups
New for us this year – Art pop-ups around Austin! Our Holiday Art & Gift Show is traveling around town giving our artists more opportunities to exhibit their artwork and network with the community. It’s a great opportunity to preview what will be available at this year’s show.
- The Hive – Friday, Nov 15 (5-8 pm), featured artists Niko Gouris and Gina Humble
- Imagine Art – Sunday, Nov 17 (1-4 pm), featured artists Celeste Garvey Petsch, Christina Culverhouse (STOP 53 on the 2019 EAST Austin Studio Tour)
- KOOP Radio – Sunday, Nov 24 (1-4 pm), featured artists Jordana Gerlach and Jackson Sutton (STOP 91 on the 2019 EAST Austin Studio Tour)
Come see works from current and former Artist of the Year award winners and featured artists of the month:
- 2019 SPARK award winner Brandon Lack
- 2019 Director’s Commendation Award winner Susan Beattie’s origami gift boxes.
- 2018 Artist of the Year Joan Fabian
- 2018 SPARK award winner Jordana Gerlach
- 2018 Director’s Commendation Award winner Jackson Sutton
- December 2019 Artist of the Month Nancy Wood
- January 2019 Artist of the Month Beverly Kemp
- November 2018 Artist of the Month Erin Rosales
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
2019 IDPWD theme “The Future is Accessible” means that we must all, together, look towards a future where the barriers which stand in people’s way no longer exist. We envisage a future where people can access a building without using stairs; where a person can access a ramp to the beach; or can get a job without fear of discrimination; or can access a mainstream classroom.
For more information, visit idpwd.org
GivingTuesday is a designated annual day of giving to non-profit organizations which takes place on the first Tuesday of December. Art Spark’s 2019 #GivingTuesday theme is 12 days of good with a goal of $12K in donations for our New Media Arts Program. In 2020, we will be working with young adults transitioning to community and employment through several initiatives. We are very excited about these new programs and, with your support, we will be able to offer the following:
- Classes for young adults to develop employable skills in graphic design
- 15 internship opportunities through our Giving Voice program in which students receive graphic arts training then are paired with professional graphic designers to complete a social justice-themed poster project
- 8-week Summer Camp for Graphic Design
This project is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department.